ALPLA's Thin-Wall Containers with rPET rePETec revolutionize Food Packaging
We are proud to have developed a game-changing innovation in the packaging industry.
Together with our partners ENGEL and Brink, we have created thin-wall containers using standard PET and a one-step injection moulding process with a variable content of rPET, up to 100% possible. Our transparent containers with integrated in-mould labelling (IML) offer wall-thickness of min. 0.32 mm. The enormous material reduction makes them perfect for sustainable food packaging, such as dairy products.
This innovation is particularly exciting as it helps manufacturers meet the requirements of the European Plastics Pact and avoid penalties and costs. Furthermore, it is a first step to establish bottle-to-cup or even cup-to-bottle recycling alongside the bottle-to-bottle loop.
- Content of PCR freely adaptable
- Same handling as existing PP/PS cups
- Multiple decoration options available
- Sterilization with UV-C/pulselight possible
- Complies with European Plastics Pact requirements, helping you avoid penalties and costs
- Provides better drop and top load performance than traditional PP/PS cups
- Competitively priced with standard PP/PS cups
- 120g, 150g, 180g, 200g, 300g, 500g